Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Oktoberfest

oktoberfest1

A few weeks ago….. I went to Oktoberfest. In Fredericksburg, HEART of the Hill Country.

It. Was. So. Much. Fun.

And I only had one German beer.

And a Sangria slushy.

The weather was abso-Texas-lutely gorgeous.
You like that subliminal message?

All weather in Texas is gorgeous when it’s under 100. We even got a slight chill.

oktoberfest2

Me and the girls. Say hello to our handsome scarecrow friend.

oktoberfest3

Check out these tickets. The magic of marketing. Spend $1 per ticket and completely lose track of the fact that you just paid $9 for a crepe and $5 for a short beer. Eek.

But it was a good time had by all.

And dangit, wouldn’t you know I forgot to take a picture of my food?
Well, I’ll tell you about it.
I had the reuben crepe. Sounds weird, but it was delish.
I didn’t want to stand in an hour line for the potato pancake, and I figured I would eat it on my next trip to Fredericksburg, in a real restaurant, not at a festival.

oktoberfest4

Check out all the polka bands!

oktoberfest5

All the food. Here is my crepe booth. Scrumptious. The crepe booth was run by a local group of deaf business owners.

Very cool.

Plenty of sausage wraps, beer, potato pancakes, applesauce, and danishes to go around. We tried a danish too. I’ll stick to my kolaches.

oktoberfest7

Of course we had to step out of the festival to shop.

Oh, y’all didn’t know I opened my own store?!?!

oktoberfest8

And everyone was in costume! All those lederhosen and busty ladies! I was too embarrassed to ask, but I really wanted a picture with one!

oktoberfest6

Jessica is such a good sport. I saw the turkey hat and NEEDED someone in a picture. Teachers are so fun, ain’t we?

oktoberfest9

With plenty of stuffed tummys, and a food coma glaze over our eyes, we left the gorgeous German town.
‘Til next time, Fredericksburg!

Pin It

6 Responses to “Oktoberfest”

1. 1

Julia — October 17, 2013 @ 8:51 am

I Loooooove Oktoberfests!! Yours looks like a ton of fun! Sangria slushie?? Let’s do this!! Jealous…jealous of your slushie and your reuben crepe! 😉

2. 2

Sheila — October 17, 2013 @ 9:30 am

Ha! very fun. I am German, and was even a German exchange student for a year…true story. thanks for sharing your fun day! xoxo Sheila

3. 3

Jeanne (NanaBread) — October 17, 2013 @ 5:36 pm

I love Fredericksburg! I’ve never been for Octoberfest, though. I’ll have to fix that some day. Also fun – Wurstfest in New Braunfels. I think it’s November 1-10th this year. You have to go! Just go early or take a shuttle, because if you go too late parking is the wurst. Wurst! Hahaha… did you see what I did there? 🙂

4. 4

Julie @ Sugarfoot Eats — October 20, 2013 @ 12:01 pm

I ditto about Wurstfest!!

5. 5

Glitzmarker57s — February 13, 2017 @ 3:27 am

Purchasing a new or used auto could be a difficult process should you not know what you are carrying out. By teaching yourself about car purchasing before you decide to visit the dealership, you may make points much easier on your own. The following tips can help your next buying getaway be enjoyable.

Always provide a mechanic together when looking for a brand new vehicle. Automobile dealers are well known for offering lemons and you may not want to be their next patient. Provided you can not obtain a auto technician to look at cars with you, at the very least make sure that you have him look at your ultimate decision prior to buying it.

Know your boundaries. Before you start purchasing for your next auto or pickup truck, decide how much you can afford to pay, and follow it. Don’t forget to add fascination with your calculations. You will probably shell out about 20 % as a payment in advance as well, so be prepared.

Well before attending a car dealership, know what type of car you want. Analysis all you alternatives before shopping in order to figure out what works well with your budget and family members requirements. Seek information to discover exactly how much you ought to pay for a probable automobile.

Before signing any deal make time to read through every line, such as the small print. If you find something detailed that you do not recognize, usually do not indication till you receive an answer that you fully grasp. Unsavory salesmen can use a contract to put numerous costs that had been not reviewed.

If you retain the preceding advice in your mind next time that you simply go buying a car, you will end up prone to get a full bargain. Purchasing a auto does not have as a frustration. Just use the guidelines with this post and you could have the vehicle you desire at a excellent selling price.

6. 6

AlisaZET — April 25, 2017 @ 5:26 am

Revolutional update of SEO/SMM software “XRumer 16.0 + XEvil”:
    captcha solution of Google, Facebook, Bing, Hotmail, SolveMedia, Yandex,
    and more than 8400 another types of captchas,
    with highest precision (80..100%) and highest speed (100 img per second).
    You can connect XEvil 3.0 with all most popular SEO/SMM programms: XRumer, GSA SER, ZennoPoster, Srapebox, Senuke, and more than 100 of other programms.

Interested? You can find a lot of demo videos about XEvil in YouTube.
    Good luck 😉