Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Oktoberfest

oktoberfest1

A few weeks ago….. I went to Oktoberfest. In Fredericksburg, HEART of the Hill Country.

It. Was. So. Much. Fun.

And I only had one German beer.

And a Sangria slushy.

The weather was abso-Texas-lutely gorgeous.
You like that subliminal message?

All weather in Texas is gorgeous when it’s under 100. We even got a slight chill.

oktoberfest2

Me and the girls. Say hello to our handsome scarecrow friend.

oktoberfest3

Check out these tickets. The magic of marketing. Spend $1 per ticket and completely lose track of the fact that you just paid $9 for a crepe and $5 for a short beer. Eek.

But it was a good time had by all.

And dangit, wouldn’t you know I forgot to take a picture of my food?
Well, I’ll tell you about it.
I had the reuben crepe. Sounds weird, but it was delish.
I didn’t want to stand in an hour line for the potato pancake, and I figured I would eat it on my next trip to Fredericksburg, in a real restaurant, not at a festival.

oktoberfest4

Check out all the polka bands!

oktoberfest5

All the food. Here is my crepe booth. Scrumptious. The crepe booth was run by a local group of deaf business owners.

Very cool.

Plenty of sausage wraps, beer, potato pancakes, applesauce, and danishes to go around. We tried a danish too. I’ll stick to my kolaches.

oktoberfest7

Of course we had to step out of the festival to shop.

Oh, y’all didn’t know I opened my own store?!?!

oktoberfest8

And everyone was in costume! All those lederhosen and busty ladies! I was too embarrassed to ask, but I really wanted a picture with one!

oktoberfest6

Jessica is such a good sport. I saw the turkey hat and NEEDED someone in a picture. Teachers are so fun, ain’t we?

oktoberfest9

With plenty of stuffed tummys, and a food coma glaze over our eyes, we left the gorgeous German town.
‘Til next time, Fredericksburg!

 

 

 

 

 

  Pin It

12 Responses to “Oktoberfest”

  1. 1

    Julia — October 17, 2013 @ 8:51 am

    I Loooooove Oktoberfests!! Yours looks like a ton of fun! Sangria slushie?? Let’s do this!! Jealous…jealous of your slushie and your reuben crepe! 😉

  2. 2

    Sheila — October 17, 2013 @ 9:30 am

    Ha! very fun. I am German, and was even a German exchange student for a year…true story. thanks for sharing your fun day! xoxo Sheila

  3. 3

    Jeanne (NanaBread) — October 17, 2013 @ 5:36 pm

    I love Fredericksburg! I’ve never been for Octoberfest, though. I’ll have to fix that some day. Also fun – Wurstfest in New Braunfels. I think it’s November 1-10th this year. You have to go! Just go early or take a shuttle, because if you go too late parking is the wurst. Wurst! Hahaha… did you see what I did there? 🙂

  4. 4

    Julie @ Sugarfoot Eats — October 20, 2013 @ 12:01 pm

    I ditto about Wurstfest!!

  5. 5

    Jacintoadory — May 19, 2017 @ 9:46 pm

    Hi,
    I don’t regularly message on topics but, I have after endlessly searching tracked down a portal for us to view TRUE celebrity reviews. This app is Howdy channels shamelessly use for public reviews on famous people. Learned read about it here on this reading about Christian Bale.
    -Cheers
    Unsumma

  6. 6

    StroySnabBep — May 20, 2017 @ 12:19 am

    Строительные материалы и пиломатериалы (доставка бесплатная)по низкой цене.Если кому нужно,то вот ссылка на интернет-магазин: http://stroyka-snab.ru/

  7. 7

    KirillHic — May 20, 2017 @ 7:38 am

    Почти час серфил содержание инета, при этом к своему удивлению увидел восхитительный ресурс. Ссылка на него: аушко биз . Для моих близких данный веб-сайт оказался довольно нужным. До свидания!

  8. 8

    AniTNe5 — May 21, 2017 @ 4:18 am

    Я знаю, очень у многих людей есть близкие, друзья у котрых есть проблемы с алкогольной или наркотической зависимостью. Центр реабилитации наркозависимых Рефреш (Refresh) в Киеве поможет вам

    Лечение наркозависимости-Центр реабилитации Рефреш

  9. 9

    ArielOremy — May 21, 2017 @ 10:27 pm

    Ragnarok Online

  10. 10

    SimonSSkt — May 22, 2017 @ 3:22 am

    нежные фото беременных семейное фото на природе фото беременных пар фотосессия в студии с визажистом. фотосессия на природе позы новогодняя фотосессия фото семейная фотосессия в москве осенняя фотосессия для беременных . осенняя фотосессия пары позы для фотосессий на природе . одежда для фотосессии беременных идеи для фотосессии беременных с мужем фотосессия беременных идеи для фото образы для беременных фотосессия москва фотосессия в студии позы

  11. 11

    SimonSSkt — May 22, 2017 @ 3:28 am

    блог беременных фотосессия в стиле классика . позы для фотосессии дома зимняя фотосессия влюбленных позы для фото в лесу фотосессия осенью позы фотосъемка беременных беременные фотосессии на природе . семейные фото идеи беременной фотосессии фотосессия в студии москва фотосессия для беременных в Москве. беременная с мужем фото сессия девушек фотографии беременных зимние фотосессии в студии .

  12. 12

    ZaharBem — May 24, 2017 @ 8:54 pm

    Прошлой ночью анализировал данные инет, вдруг к своему восторгу увидел актуальный сайт. Смотрите: читать дальше . Для меня вышеуказанный вебсайт оказался очень привлекательным. Хорошего дня!

Leave a Comment